Directory

Welcome... but you're not there yet...

You've found my old blog at BlogSpot. Starting in 2013, I've relocated to my own WordPress blog. Come check it out at http://www.mydeviantlife.com

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Courage Shattered

Tonight has been as close as I have ever come to telling my parents that I'm gay.  It's just been a trying day and I came home to even more crap where they wouldn't leave me alone... so much so that I contemplated just telling them to make them go away for a while.

Well I eventually calmed down... but still had the urge to tell them.  And given the current political climate, I was starting to think they might even be possibly accepting.  Boy was I wrong.

I brought up the topic of Gay Marriage when the news program we were watching remarked on the recent change in position (are the apparent position) of the Republican Party toward Gay Marriage.  She was shocked to hear the so many prominent figures in the Republican Party were taking such a position contrary to they're normal conservative values.  And suffice it to say the conversation ended abruptly with her attitudes changed to disgust over the situation.  So I went back to my room... or rather, my closet...

2 comments:

Kylani said...

/hug. Hang in there. Please don't hide in the closet. :(

Anonymous said...

Gonna be a tight space for me to kick your ass in a closet, so stay outta there. We all have your back, I hope you know that. <3