Directory

Welcome... but you're not there yet...

You've found my old blog at BlogSpot. Starting in 2013, I've relocated to my own WordPress blog. Come check it out at http://www.mydeviantlife.com

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Valley of the No-Sunroofs

So I've been browsing the car sites again.  I usually do it right after I make the $700 car payment every month.  Because not only is that a REALLY high car payment to be saddled with in this economy... the truck drinks gas like it's water!  I'm rocking 15.7 miles to the gallon combined city/highway driving.  The truck travels 26 miles round trip to the office each day... and 14 of that is highway miles.  Yet I still only see 15.7 combined.

Anyways... while shopping for a new car, the one thing I would REALLY love to have is a sunroof.  And a TON of new cars are touting their huge panoramic sunroofs.  I mean like basically the entire roof is glass.  First off , the reason I'm interested in a sunroof this time is because I've previously rented a convertible while the truck has been in the shop.  I've LOVED driving in the open air with the top down.  There is only one problem with a convertible, besides it's obvious safety factor of no roof in a rollover...  there is quite literally NO room for people in the backseat.   Unless your passengers are amputees,  they aren't fitting in to the backseat of a convertible.

Thus, the sunroof.  PREFECT!  I still have a roof over me for crash safety.  I still have a backseat for passengers.  AND I miss out on all that nasty road noise you get with soft tops!  CHAMPION!

Well... I live in Phoenix... supposedly the "Valley of the Sun"... great weather, warm and sunny a lot, and during the spring and fall, amazingly beautiful temperatures.   Sunroofs should be all over the place at the dealers here right?   WRONG!  You can't find them.  They are practically non-existent on every single model I'm viewing online!  Even the super-duper, top-of-the-line, leather interior, wood grain dash model of the car.... does it have a sunroof?  BZZZZZT!  Nooo... sorry....

What gives, dealers?  It seems like this would be the ULTIMATE place to have a sunroof!  Especially with all the auto manufacturers making them as large as the roof itself!

No comments: