Directory

Welcome... but you're not there yet...

You've found my old blog at BlogSpot. Starting in 2013, I've relocated to my own WordPress blog. Come check it out at http://www.mydeviantlife.com

Friday, July 16, 2010

'AntennaGate'? Seriously, Apple?

Apparently, the iPhone 4 isn't a bad design at all.  It's just none of us in the civilized world have learned how to appropriately hold our smartphones!  Gasp!  Aren't we all just a bunch of Neanderthals!! Thank you, Steve Jobs, for showing us the right way... that right way being with as FEW FINGERS AS POSSIBLE and even then FINGER TIPS ONLY!!

I'm sorry... but I just did his little 'grip' trick with my smartphone (which just so happens to be Apple's biggest competition to date, the EVO 4G from Sprint) and do you know what?  Holding it with finger tips nets me 4 bars..."Death Gripping", or as I like to call it "The NORMAL WAY" gets me... wait for it... 3 bars.. oops no wait... 4 bars again.  Hardly the drastic drop in numbers Mr Jobs and his team of Engineers claim is normal on all smartphones.

Granted my testing was not done in the $100 million "advanced antenna design and test labs"... which if the pictures are accurate, show the phone being held by a non-conductive clamping device in the middle of the room.  Not near fingers, a body, or some other signal-blocking, real-world scenario.   Apparently they do use human subjects in the testing.  But I'm betting they behave just like I do when I'm testing something and KNOW I'm testing it.  I handle it gingerly... in a non-real-world grip... to make sure I don't break it, scratch it, or drop it... or in some other way, screw up the test.  When actually... they already have just by holding it that way...

No comments: