Directory

Welcome... but you're not there yet...

You've found my old blog at BlogSpot. Starting in 2013, I've relocated to my own WordPress blog. Come check it out at http://www.mydeviantlife.com

Friday, July 16, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 03: Something you have to forgive yourself for.

I gotta say... these 30 Days of Truth really do make you do some intense self examination. This one's a bit more difficult for me... as I believe God's forgiveness is what counts.  There have been several incidents in my life that I'm not proud of, but I've moved on from them. I guess you could say I've already forgiven myself on those.  But there is one thing that still remains.  Fear still rules my life.  Afraid of my parents learning the truth... afraid for my job security... afraid of the future.

One of my all-time favorite movies is Strictly Ballroom.  It's part of Baz Luhrman's Red Curtain Trilogy along with Romeo + Juliet and Moulin Rouge.  There is a line in Strictly Ballroom... 'A life lived in fear is a life half lived.'  Well... I live my life in fear, and will continue to do so most likely.  But I need to get past that fear eventually.  I hope my future-self can forgive me for not getting past it sooner...

1 comment:

Anna said...

I love Strictly Ballroom. Good luck getting past your fears. It really sucks that you have to be afraid of what your parents think. It makes me so much more thankful that my parents are so open minded.