Directory

Welcome... but you're not there yet...

You've found my old blog at BlogSpot. Starting in 2013, I've relocated to my own WordPress blog. Come check it out at http://www.mydeviantlife.com

Monday, July 26, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 13: A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)

Tough days... that's a laugh.  I can't honestly say I've had many tough days in my life thus far.  There have been some days where it all seems to much or days that have been very depressing.  And I don't really have a single artist that I turn to for comfort in those times.  I get through stress with video games.  Nothing gets the anger out likea round of a first-person shooter. :)


I've had this post saved in my drafts since 10am this morning... because I couldn't think of a single artist or band that got me through tough times.  But after listening to some videos on YouTube... I can finally put down a few.  As my life has changed, so has my passion for certain artists.  So rather than 1 letter, I'm writing three.


Read (and listen to) more after the jump....


Dear NSYNC-
You and I haven't always been on the best of terms.  I still blame you for copying the Backstreet Boys formula, but really they copied previous groups too.  And Perlman was just a money grubbing moron.  But you did do one thing for me... you helped me push myself toward coming out.  It was because of your first US album that I was nearly outed... and eventually confessed to being gay.... to Janell.  So without your album... and your hit song of the time I doubt the topic of my sexuality would have ever come up.









Dear Billy Joel-
What can I say about your music... such great songwriting and story telling.  From Piano Man that taught me about life from different points along the journey... to River of Dreams that was played at my high school graduation.... to Lullaby, a song he wrote for his daughter.   Your music has touched me in many ways and it will always be a soundtrack to my life.







Dear Idina Menzel... and to Steven Schwartz-
Thank you for creating an anthem to my new philosophy on life.  The empowering end to the first act of "Wicked" taught us all that we didn't have to live by someone else's rules. And with that knowledge, I became more me.... "Defying Gravity"... and reaching for unlimited possibilities.  Thank you to Steven Schwartz for composing it... and Idina Menzel for bringing it to life with such powerful vocals.

No comments: