Directory

Welcome... but you're not there yet...

You've found my old blog at BlogSpot. Starting in 2013, I've relocated to my own WordPress blog. Come check it out at http://www.mydeviantlife.com

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

For Rent

I think I've posted some of the lyrics to this in the past... and you might check back through the blog archives if you're completely bored... but I thought I'd post again just how much I love the musical "Rent".  You can blame my friend, Ky, for bringing this all up again. :)

Rent's story is a sad one... both on stage and off... but a celebratory one as well.  Here's a group of people living in the East Village and living with disease.  It's poignant message of "celebrate every day" still resonates to this day for me... nearly 14 years after it's first production.

I have never actually seen the production live... but I'd like to consider myself a Rent-Head... maybe a Rent-Head Lite?  I have seen the "Filmed Live on Broadway" and the movie version.  (I prefer the Broadway version, myself.)  I really would love to see it live sometime, but I'm not sure it's even touring anymore.  I hope it is.  The next time I see it come anywhere near Phoenix, I'm going to go see it.

And I'm probably dragging Ky and Stone with me... :)  Like there would be any dragging involved...

No comments: