Directory

Welcome... but you're not there yet...

You've found my old blog at BlogSpot. Starting in 2013, I've relocated to my own WordPress blog. Come check it out at http://www.mydeviantlife.com

Thursday, July 22, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 09: Someone you didn't want to let go, but just drifted.

I have let many friends drift away... mainly because most of them didn't really know me.  At least not the me I am today.  But also, most of them were mere acquaintances from High School and none were really what I would call good friends.  I'm not very good and keeping friends.  Even Janell and I have drifted apart in the past mainly because of me... but we've always managed to come back together at some point.

I guess the one person who did drift and never did return was my best friend in Elementary up through Freshman year in high school, Mark.  He and I use to be inseparable.  His dad worked at the high school so we were able to be on a similar schedule.  But after Freshman year... I'm not sure what happened.  I think he matured into himself and I did not.  And as a result, we just never hung out anymore.

I often wonder what did happen with him.  I've heard snippets about him still being in Tucson, but I honestly couldn't tell you if he is or not.  He never knew (or at least I never told him) that I was gay.  He was a good friend, but I guess we just grew apart and never were the same again.

No comments: