Directory

Welcome... but you're not there yet...

You've found my old blog at BlogSpot. Starting in 2013, I've relocated to my own WordPress blog. Come check it out at http://www.mydeviantlife.com

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Puzzling

I'm beginning to regret getting this damn puzzle in the first place. I bought a 2000-piece puzzle that was a picture of an Italian village on a cliffside... with great colors and nice blue water cove. Well it took us (my Dad, Mom, and I) under a month to assemble but then the trouble began. We bought puzzle glue to seal it together, but my Dad's eyesight is terrible and he couldn't tell where he already glued it. So the puzzle wasn't properly sealed. We flipped it and I did the reverse (cause I could see it) for extra rigidity. Then decided I should redo the front just to be sure. So we did that. Then we mounted it on a piece of foam board so that it would stay together better. So far so good. But to make sure it stuck to the foam board, Dad decided to weigh it down with a ton of books on top of it... right on the puzzle! The top coat of glue wasn't dry yet and my Dad decided not to put any protective cover on it... so the puzzle STUCK to the books and pulled away some of the design when he removed them. So now there are torn white spots on the front of it.... nice job, Dad.

Finally we started on the mounting string and that is ripping right off the back of it so I said I'd come up with something and leaned it against the wall. And now my Mom won't leave it alone. I've told her like 4 times that I'll take care of it after I figure out a way to mount it. But she keeps bugging me about it. I told her again this morning to not worry about it and she said "I'm not worried about it" and I said "Well you keep pestering me about it!" And then she huffed out and slammed my door. UGH!!

You can't set boundaries with that woman. She just stomps all over them anyways!

No comments: