Directory

Welcome... but you're not there yet...

You've found my old blog at BlogSpot. Starting in 2013, I've relocated to my own WordPress blog. Come check it out at http://www.mydeviantlife.com

Friday, July 30, 2010

Money Grubbing

So most of my friends are now playing StarCraft 2... and while I would like to be playing it, I can't justify the $59.99 price tag for it at this time.  So today when I saw the announcement of the digital download of it I thought that might be a better option.  They didn't have to press a CD or pay for packaging... should be cheaper right?  Wrong.  $59.99 still.  I'm sorry, but I'm not going to pay the same for less.  If I'm gonna pay $60 for a game, I want the CD, manual, and the shiny box for my bookshelf.

Why should the manufacturer make more profit than it already is!?  I can get it from AMAZON cheaper than Blizzard directly... and they need to make their own profit off of it too!  Can you say overpriced from Blizzard?

1 comment:

Anna said...

It's Blizzard... what do you expect. I definitely agree with you though, it's pretty fucked up. The e-book people got it, all the e-books are several dollars cheaper than the paper version. Especially when you compare buying an e-book versus buying a hard-cover... major savings. Apparently not so much with software. I say BS on that.