Directory

Welcome... but you're not there yet...

You've found my old blog at BlogSpot. Starting in 2013, I've relocated to my own WordPress blog. Come check it out at http://www.mydeviantlife.com

Thursday, July 15, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 02: Something you love about yourself.

From one extreme to the next with the 30 days project.  Continuing right along with my self esteem issues, I'm having difficulties thinking of something I love about myself.  I guess I just don't like tooting my own horn as it were.  I always feel like I'm bragging whenever I try to describe myself.

After thinking about the topic... and some inner decision making (see the last post), I've come to the conclusion that what I love about myself is my ability to adapt as needed.  I embrace change and live for it... rather than being set in my ways.  It's helped me more than once in my career as employers, the job description, and generally the work I'm required to do has changed over the years.

But more than that... I actually enjoy the chance to do something different... to try new things. I don't like it when a system is put in place and then people stick to it for years and years because that's tradition... that's "what's been done before".  Or people who refuse to adapt to new technologies... new situations and problems that demand a new approach, but are stuck with "the way we've always done it" as an excuse.

So I guess Change is something I live for...  maybe that's why I voted for Obama. ;)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Totally agreed on this. We moved around a lot when I was a kid and at some point you just have to learn to like change, otherwise it makes for a very unhappy childhood. I still have that attitude though, I love learning new things, or even just doing old things in new ways.